Discord Server Bot 1.1

Official GGRadio Server Bot for Discord Servers

1. Chris
    discord.png

The GGRadio Discord Server Bot allows you listen to GGRadio with members of your Discord Server, simultaneously without any delay between you.

Features:

Capable of serving as many listeners as you have in the channel.
    Displays the current song in 'Playing: ', as well as through commands.
    Simple to add and use and the server owner doesn't have to do any setup.
    The bot is hosted on our servers, meaning it's truly free.
    Installation:
    Click "Download Now".
    Select the server you wish to add the bot to.
    Tick "Create Instant Invite" if it isn't already ticked.
    Click authorize and the bot should be online in your server.​

Contributors:
    Nevexo (Development)
    Will (Development)​

Servers:

!ggradio
    Purpose:
    The help command links back to this page, where you can find all he commands and help you should need.​
    Aliases:
    !radio, !help​
    Permission:
    Everybody is able to use this command.
    !ggradio song
    Purpose:
    Sends the current song on GGRadio to you in a private message.​
    Aliases:
    !song, !radio song, !currentsong​
    Permission:
    Everybodyis able to use this command.
    !ggradio presenter
    Purpose:
    Sends the current on air presenter on GGRadio to you in a private message.​
    Aliases:
    !radio presenter, !presenter, !currentpresenter​
    Permission:
    !ggradio request {request}
    Purpose:
    Sends a message to our #on-air-requests channel in our Official Discord Server with your message for presenters to read.​
    Permission:
    !ggradio on
    Purpose:
    Turns the bot on and connects it to the voice channel that you are connected to, provided it has permission to join that channel.​
    Permission:
    You must be a Bot Administrator to use this command.
    !ggradio off
    Purpose:
    Disconnects the bot from your channel, it will still be online on Discord and ready to be reconnected through !ggradio off at any time.​
    Permission:
    You must be a Bot Administrator to use this command.​

!volume #
    Purpose:
    Set the volume of the bot if it is too quiet or too loud, a minimum value of 1 and a maximum of 100. The bot by default is at 50%.​
    Permission:

!ggradio addadmin @name
    Purpose:
    Adds the person you mention using @name as a Bot Administrator, granting them the ability to control the bot.​
    Permission:
    You must be a Bot Administrator to use this command.
    !ggradio removeadmin @name
    Purpose:
    Removes the person you mention using @name from Bot Administrator, removing their ability to control the bot.​
    Permission:
    Why is the bot on my server but not online?
    Infrequently the bot may have to restart to update, if you add your server whilst the bot is being added then your server will not work with our bot. The best option is to kick the bot and re-add it a short while later however if this happens let us know so we can check there isn't a larger issue.
    How do I use the bot?
    All commands needed to operate the bot are listed on this page, the bot does require the server owner to set up who can turn it on so make sure you do that.
    Why does the bot ask to "Create Instant Invite"?
    Administrators of GGRadio are able to create an invite link to servers running this bot that have ticked that box. We have this there so we can check out your server and get feedback on the bot.
    Can this bot play Youtube/SoundCloud/Spotify?
    No, this is a GGRadio bot for streaming GGRadio.net to Discord.
    Can I run this bot on my own VPS?
    Unfortunately the code for the addon is not open for distribution as it would be very easy to modify to suit your own radio, the way it runs now is the best way given that you don't need to pay for a server or worry about maintenance because it runs itself on any server.
    Does this bot cost money?
    This bot is absolutely free of charge to bring something cool to the Discord community, if you'd like to help us - share the bot in servers or you can donate to help improve and fund GGRadio.
    How do I turn the bot down if I'm not an admin?
    If you're not in control of the bot, right click it in the channel and lower the User Volume to where you would like it.
    Should I listen through the bot or the website?
    You should listen through the website if you have the choice. Discord is limited to 96kbps where our stream is 192kbps, on the website you aren't limited so the music will sound better and should have less delay.
    Why do I not have access to x command?
    When designing the bot, we wanted it to not be a fight for control so we gave access solely to the server owner. If you disagree with our choices on any commands, let us know in the discussion.
    How do I report a problem or a bug?
    If you have found a problem with the bot, please post it on our feedback tracker.​

Tony, Josh, Shpoopy and 2 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Nevexo
    Nevexo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Love it. It's a bodge job af.
  2. TreeKs
    TreeKs
    2/5,
    Le bot ne marche pas, il dit: "Sorry, too many people are listening to the radio right now, please wait a few moments for a slot to open."
    Très déçu car ce concept me plaisait énormément.
    1. Chris
      Author's Response
      I don't speak French so I'm relying on Google Translate to have translated your review correctly.

We're working on a fix for this at the moment and expecting to the bot updated in the near future.

If you keep the bot in your server, you should receive an announcement message from it when the new update is out.
  3. Sovmed
    Sovmed
    3/5,
    Hi!
    The bot itself is good.
    But, it would be more popular if we remove the restriction on the right to control them.
    Because of this rating 3.
    1. Chris
      Author's Response
      Could you elaborate on what you mean by the restriction in either a post on the thread or on feedback.ggrad.io and we'll look in to it.
  4. Josh
    Josh
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.1
    Great bot allows me to sit and enjoy some great music in sync with my friends!
  5. ElectronicWave
    ElectronicWave
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    It works good! thanks for making this.