Best gaming peripherals (keyboard, mouse, mic & headset)

j05h

Forum Moderator
Hi,

Looking to upgrade my rig since all my kit hasn't been updated since I purchased it March 2017. Ideally should be less than £200 altogether.

Mechanical keyboard would be great, along with a mouse which I'd love to have programmable buttons for in-game hotkeys. I don't care about RGB lighting and whatnot so don't worry about that.

Cheers guys.

(@Chris looking forward to your opinion)

Thomas

Radio Manager
Hey Apple,

I'm not Chris, but I can give you my opinion. Currently i'm rocking a Corsair K65 RGB Keyboard and it has been amazing, you can easily spend a load, but if you don't care about the Red Clicky Switches. I'd easily go with this amazing keyboard. For the mouse I'd go again the Corsair M65 Mouse (I think their is a new elite version out). But this is easily one of the best mouses, if you aren't too crazy on Programmable Buttons, otherwise I'd go with Corsair Scimitar, which personally isn't as nice as the M65, but has more programmable buttons!

j05h

Forum Moderator
Hey Apple,

I'm not Chris, but I can give you my opinion. Currently i'm rocking a Corsair K65 RGB Keyboard and it has been amazing, you can easily spend a load, but if you don't care about the Red Clicky Switches. I'd easily go with this amazing keyboard. For the mouse I'd go again the Corsair M65 Mouse (I think their is a new elite version out). But this is easily one of the best mouses, if you aren't too crazy on Programmable Buttons, otherwise I'd go with Corsair Scimitar, which personally isn't as nice as the M65, but has more programmable buttons!
Cheers mate, greatly appreciated. I've definitely been considering Corsair since they're certainly one of the big names when it comes to PC gaming.

Thomas

Radio Manager
Cheers mate, greatly appreciated. I've definitely been considering Corsair since they're certainly one of the big names when it comes to PC gaming.
No Worries, Yeah personally I've had bad experiences With Razor Equipment. It could be me, but I've always avoided them. But I'd go either Corsair or Logitech, they both make fantastic Gaming Gear!

Chris

Founder
Presenter
Media
Donator
Hey Apple,

Corsairs pretty good - my brothers K65 is still holding up well, same with my old K70 though I don't use it anymore. I bought a M95 but honestly found it too heavy and really disliked it, reverted to my Razer Naga after that.

My opinion may be outdated though, I've been content with my Apple Keyboard + Trackpad for the last few years.

When it comes to headset & mic, obviously more is better but you could get by with a UMC202HD (it's behringer, so expect it to only last a few years), ATH-M20X and perhaps a C-1 mic - that's super budge though. Don't forget cables + mic arm + pop filter, will add £20 on to your total cost.

j05h

Forum Moderator
No Worries, Yeah personally I've had bad experiences With Razor Equipment. It could be me, but I've always avoided them. But I'd go either Corsair or Logitech, they both make fantastic Gaming Gear!

Corsairs pretty good - my brothers K65 is still holding up well, same with my old K70 though I don't use it anymore. I bought a M95 but honestly found it too heavy and really disliked it, reverted to my Razer Naga after that.

My opinion may be outdated though, I've been content with my Apple Keyboard + Trackpad for the last few years.

When it comes to headset & mic, obviously more is better but you could get by with a UMC202HD (it's behringer, so expect it to only last a few years), ATH-M20X and perhaps a C-1 mic - that's super budge though. Don't forget cables + mic arm + pop filter, will add £20 on to your total cost.
Thanks for your input guys, I have heard that Razer's tech doesn't have as good build quality as the others and doesn't last as long.

Any experience with HyperX? I found some decent priced kit from them.

Chris

Founder
Presenter
Media
Donator
Thanks for your input guys, I have heard that Razer's tech doesn't have as good build quality as the others and doesn't last as long.

Any experience with HyperX? I found some decent priced kit from them.
The cloud headset used to be good, but I wouldn't touch gaming stuff personally.

Thomas

Radio Manager
With my Headset (Corsair Void RGB), I was going to originally go with the HyperX Cloud Headset, before the Corsair. Though I decided to just go almost full out Corsair. Yeah that is what really put's me off Razor and I've had no issues with Corsair and I don't plan to be changing any time.

With Microphones, I currently use a Blue Snowball With the Original Stand. Though I do plan to buy a Mic Stand + Pop Filter and all of that jazz soon

Top Bottom