Improvements & Updates (11/2017)

Chris

Founder
Presenter
Media
Donator
logo.php
Improvements & Updates (11/2017)

After the last update, I promised we would be making improvements to GGRadio in the near future and we have already begun - so here's an update.

Downtime
At the current time, we have completely recovered from the downtime and are more stable than ever - at the moment we are just in the process of updating the songs on the radio.​

SSL
We have implemented forced SSL on GGRadio.net, which you may already know if you follow us on Twitter.

The main benefits that you will see from this are that the website will load faster and your browser will no longer serve a warning to you.

Please do bear in mind that this is only on the main website and not on our forums where you do log in - we will not be adding SSL to our forums for security, however we are making advancements to move away from the forum as soon as possible.​

API
This update is aimed at anybody who is using our services on their 3rd party service/app, we have updated our stream to support SSL and will not be changing the URL anymore.

If you have a 3rd party app/service that is using our old stream url, please update it to https://api.tmw.media/ggradio/stream so it is future-proof and supports SSL, amongst some other small things on our side.

We will be leaving the old stream URL available for a while so everyone has time to update, however it's best to update the URL on your service as soon as you see this.

It's also important to know that we will be updating our downloads to use the new URL, keep an eye out on our Twitter for updates to them.​

Discord Bot
Many of you have noticed that our Discord bot is still having issues, the explanation to this is long and boring so instead I'll tell you what we're doing about it.

We plan to remake the bot as soon as possible, however we're currently working on a large project that is very time consuming and are struggling to allocate time to it.

At the moment, we recommend using a 3rd party bot such as DabBot, Astolfo, Tony Bamanaboni or any others you are aware of that stream GGRadio (let us know!) until our bot is up and running again.​

Staff Applications
Lastly, a quick reminder that we are always looking for new faces to join our team.

We're especially looking for talented developers and graphics designers, as well as people with great voices to join our radio department.

If you're interested in joining, reach out to me through private message on the forums, our discord server or email (chris[at]tmw[dot]media) and tell me about yourself.​

I hope this makes up for the downtime we suffered recently, as I mentioned, we have a lot more coming soon - so make sure to keep an eye out.

If you have any suggestions or feedback, head over to our feedback site or message me privately.

Chris

Founder
Presenter
Media
Donator
That's pretty swanky. When are we getting SSL on the forums?
Please do bear in mind that this is only on the main website and not on our forums where you do log in - we will not be adding SSL to our forums for security, however we are making advancements to move away from the forum as soon as possible.

Quick update on the forums, I've took some time to fix them up until we move to a better solution next year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom